Azores Vacation-Ten reasons to visit
There are at least ten reasons to plan an Azores vacation.
1. Location. The Azores are a chain of nine islands located about 1800 miles east of Boston and non stop flights are available year round from Boston and Toronto . Seasonally, there are also direct flights from Montreal and Oakland California. The flight from Boston only takes four hours.
2. Long tourist season. For tourists who are looking for a temperate climate during the shoulder seasons, the Azores might be a perfect ft. Temperatures range from about 50 degrees in January, it’s coldest month, to the high 80s in August.
3. Great value. The Azores offer the benefits of a tourist destination, while still keeping prices reasonable. A cup of coffee can be purchase for a dollar; a beer for $1.25 and dinner for Under $15. Tour packages in the high season for under $2700 per couple including air from Boston. Call for options, there are many packages available that stand alone or combine Portugal.
4. Independent travel. This is also a great location for independent guests who prefer not to be part of a structured tour. Independent packages are available including rental car, flights, ferry transfers and hotels.
5. Adventure and lots to do. For those who like to bike, hike or trek, the trails are endless in the biosphere reserves, along and around volcanoes and for views of waterfalls and hot springs.
6. Culture. The Azores are the home to two UNESCO world heritage sites. Pico Island is known for its vineyard culture and Terceira Island for its historical center at Angra de Heroisma.
7. Sports. For the golfer, there are golf vacation packages all year long in San Miguel. Scuba is popular due to the warm water temperatures ranging from 60 to 80 degrees. Surfers will love the waves at all islands, especially Santa Maria and Sao Miguel.
8. Whale watching. The Azores are designated as one of the top five locations in the world for whale watching. with up to twenty five different species found in the archipelago. Dolphin are also common In the area.
9. Food. The flavors of Portugal combined with unique tastes of the islands offer a treat at every meal. Locally produced cheese, pastries and sausage are not to be missed. Local wines are plentiful and inexpensive too.
10. Nine islands, nine personalities. On one vacation, its possible to visit nine unique islands in the Azores. Enjoy the non stop parties and nightlife on Terceira Island one day and hike in solitude the next.
The possibilities are endless. Call 603-434-8100 today to plan your trip.