Ten benefits of a cruise vacation
Ten benefits of a cruise vacation:
1. Unpack your suitcase once and see several different destinations. Once you enter your stateroom, you will feel like you are at home. At each port of call, you have the excitement of a new destination without the hassle of getting there or repacking.
2. No wasted time getting from place to place. While the ship is moving, you are sleeping or enjoying the activities on board, there is no need to arrange your day to catch flights or trains. Spend the days in port and let the ship captain and crew take care of the rest.
3. Choose from a large ship with 4000 people to a small intimate ship with 16 people depending on your preferences. Think of it as city vs. country or large resort vs. boutique hotel. A small intimate gathering in the main dining room is perfect for some, while others prefer to have several restaurant options and seating times to choose from.
4. Know your budget and costs before you travel. The all inclusive dining feature is featured on all ships. Many upscale cruise lines also include drink packages, excursions, and internet in their pricing. The cabin categories allow guests to choose the stateroom that best fits their needs: choose from an inside cabin, a window view, a balcony, mini suites and more exclusive larger suites with butler services and more.
5. Design a vacation that centers around your interests. Theme cruises are a great way to meet people with similar interests (music, quilting, lifestyle, sports and learning, to name a few). My personal favorites offer cultural experiences such as those that have ports of call along the ancient Mediterranean coasts.
6. Gamble or shop duty free on board. Once the ship is in international waters, the casino is open and the tables are hot.
7. Be entertained with non stop activities and shows on larger ships. From pools to spas and ziplines to outdoor movie theatres, the variety of pastimes on board will keep every guest busy and happy. On a smaller ship, such as an Uncruise Adventure to Alaska, enjoy wildlife viewing, nature talks and beautiful scenery.
8. Learn about different cultures on shore excursions with an English speaking guide. Choose the excursions that interest you, from scuba and snorkeling trips to cooking lessons and walking photography tours.
9. Family reunions and multigenerational travel are the latest trends in vacationing. Enjoy meals together at a designated time, treasure one on one time at other times, there is something for absolutely every age range on a large ship.
10. Relax and unwind.